Monday, September 19, 2011

PT Cruiser headlight (bulb) swap...??? Need instructions :-)?

Does anyone have information on how to change out the headlights of a 2004 PT Cruiser?

My car has the factory bulbs in it and I am wanting to replace those with some different ones. I do not have the owners manual to my car. Does anyone have instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!PT Cruiser headlight (bulb) swap...??? Need instructions :-)?Question was also asked here: www.ptdoityourself.net , try going to the website if you ever need advice about your cruiser.



8. My 2001 PT came in about two weeks ago and a week later I found out the headlight was blown. I read the manual, which explains fairly well how to change the bulb and what not to do. The part that it doesn't explain is how to open and remove the access door to get at the bulb. I took the car to the local dealer and they changed it in about 45 minutes. I ask them if they would show me how to open the access door in case I had to change another at some point. They told me that it was complicated and it took one of their Chrysler trained technicians 20 minutes to open it. Can you tell my how it is attached and how to open it? - Jim, from the USA.



Replacement time for me is 5 minutes. All you have to do is pull off the access cover. Pry it off, starting at the outside edge closest to you. Pry hard and it will come out. It may be easier to reach in with the wheel turned, or removed. If you remove the wheel make sure to support the vehicle with safety jacks before attempting to remove the access cover. Twist the bulb counter clockwise to remove it. Don't touch the new bulb. Oils on skin will reduce the life of the bulb. Here are the replacement bulbs and numbers:



Low beam: 9006XS

High beam: 9005XS

Fog light: 9006

Park/Turn/Side marker: 4157NAKX



Hope I was of some help.PT Cruiser headlight (bulb) swap...??? Need instructions :-)?They should just unplug... I'm not sure how Chrysler does it now, but try looking at the back of your headlight casings and seeing if they twist out, or have prongs on either side you need to compress with a screwdriver. If you're still confused, call your local Chrysler dealer or even Autozone... they should be happy to help.PT Cruiser headlight (bulb) swap...??? Need instructions :-)?Hi. I personaly do not have a pt cruiser but I would suggest getting a Haynes manual for your car. Go to autozone and they will have it for about 15 dollars. I have one for every car I work on and shows you EVERYTHING on how to do things.PT Cruiser headlight (bulb) swap...??? Need instructions :-)?Unscrew the light covering; unplug the bulb; take it to an autoparts store and purchase the bulb of your choice (make sure it's compatible); plug it back in.