Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How would I diagnose and change a burnt out light bulb (headlight/taillight) in my 1994 Crown Victoria?

My right turn signal lights up but does not blink. I have heard that this may be due to a burnt out light bulb. However, upon cursury inspection, all lights seem to work... so I think perhaps I need to take of the tail lenses and replace a bulb. It's just that I've never done this before, so I was wondering how to go about this... Thank you for your help!How would I diagnose and change a burnt out light bulb (headlight/taillight) in my 1994 Crown Victoria?the most common type of automtive bulb is a twist-type. What I mean by this, is the bulb should come loose by turning the plastic housing that sorrounds the bulb itself. then simply change bulbs, insert back into its hole, and turn back into place.How would I diagnose and change a burnt out light bulb (headlight/taillight) in my 1994 Crown Victoria?Hello,

If all the bulbs are still lite up then your bulbs are fine. You may have a selanoid that is bad or the turn signal switch needs to be worn out.