Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the headlight on a 2003 Ford Ranger?

I'm trying to install new bulbs but can't get the old bulb assemblies out. I've tried (seemingly) everything but can't get the room to work. I want to change both but the passenger side seems to be even harder than the driver side. Any advice?How do I change the headlight on a 2003 Ford Ranger?Should be fairly straightforward. Twist the assembly counter clockwise then pull gently. Should come out.



Make sure not to touch the replacement bulb with your hand. The oil on your skin will shorten the life of the bulb. Wear a glove or use a plastic bag.How do I change the headlight on a 2003 Ford Ranger?David Z is wrong. Remove black plastic strip above headlight (3 screws), left flat bar clips (about 1%26quot; wide metal bars) on either side of headlight straight up, whole assembly will come straight out making bulbs VERY easy to access. Just twist the retaining ring, lift the lock tab %26amp; the bulb's out.

Report Abuse

How do I change the headlight on a 2003 Ford Ranger?I just did this job and it took 10 minutes. Need a small wrench or nutdriver to remove the plastic strip, and a flat blade screwdriver to lift the lock tab.

Report Abuse

How do I change the headlight on a 2003 Ford Ranger?just the bulbs? is this a joke?



lift on the release tab for the healight bulb socket, pull the plug away from the bulb.



grab retaining ring, turn 1/3 turn counterclockwise, pull away from bulb.



grab bulb, pull gently (it may be a little stiff from age but it does not turn to release)



put new bulb in place, follow steps in reverse.