Friday, June 3, 2011

Could someone please advise me on how to change a bulb in the headlight of my Audi A4 2001?

undo the couple hex heads that hold the head light assembly in and pull it out then disconect the wiring (quick disconects) then open the plastic compartment and theres a wire that holds the bulb down undo that and pull the bulb out its the same for high and low then re-assembleCould someone please advise me on how to change a bulb in the headlight of my Audi A4 2001?http://www.car-stuff.com/headlights.htm

This site has real live help 24/7. On the top of the screen you'll see:





Car Stuff then 24/7 LIVE HELP If you click on the 24/7 live help, that's what you'll get. I couldn't find the car's manual online. If you have the car manual for your automobile, it will tell you how to replace the bulbs and which kind to buy. It's not hard to do if you have the manual in front of you. I've changed my own once when they needed new bulbs. (But I drive a different make and model.)Could someone please advise me on how to change a bulb in the headlight of my Audi A4 2001?I have an Audi A4 2000. If they are any thing alike, then you can do the headlight bulb change without any tools.



On the passenger side headlight, you have to remove the air intake plastic parts to get to the head lamps. Behind the broken headlight there is a metal clip holding close the cap to the bulb area. And another metal clip inside holding the bulb down. Be careful removing the metal clip to the plastic cap. You can break it (plastic cap) if you force the metal clip.



Once you get bulb out, be careful replacing the new bulb. Don't touch the new bulb with you skin. Oil will burn out the glass surface. When removing the bulb, note the position of the bulb and the connector (in relation to the housing). It can be force in wrong. Then your headlight would be misaligned (pointing too high or low).



Good Luck.