Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I change a headlight bulb on a 1991 Ford Ranger.High beams work but drivers side low beam light is out.

Do I actually pull the bulb from the housing or is there something else I need to do?I tried pulling it straight out and afraid the bulb will break in my hand.How do I change a headlight bulb on a 1991 Ford Ranger.High beams work but drivers side low beam light is out.you do not remove the bulb at all ..open the hood and in back of the light bulb there is a plug .push in and turn that and it should come out..then all you replace is the light itself..go out and purchase a new light and you will understand what i'm talking about..How do I change a headlight bulb on a 1991 Ford Ranger.High beams work but drivers side low beam light is out.The bulbs are hallogen bulbs and have low and high beam on one bulb. You have to twist the bulb to get it out. The disconnect and connect new bulb and line up notches and push in and turn. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb. Just a finger print can burn it out.How do I change a headlight bulb on a 1991 Ford Ranger.High beams work but drivers side low beam light is out.The halogen bulb, you should wipe it with isopropil 'Rubbing%26quot; alchohol anyway, somebody else might have touched it before you bought it